Welcome to Fixter!
If you are using the Fixter service via our application (let’s call it our “App” for short) or via our website http://www.fixter.co.uk (let’s call it our “Website” for short), which are brought to you by Fixter Limited, having its registered office at 153 Milton Keynes Business Centre, Foxhunter Drive, Linford Wood , Milton Keynes, MK14 6GD, with company number 10426619 (“we”, “us” or “our”).
If you are under the age of 18, please do not use the Service. By using the Service you confirm to us that you are 18 years old or over.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Information you give us
We will collect any information you provide to us when you: (i) download the App from an electronic marketplace, (ii) access or use the App or Website, (iii) register for an account with us via the App or Website or log-in via a social networking site, (iv) place an order with us via the App or Website, (v) enter one of our promotions or surveys, or (vi) subscribe to our mailing list. This information might include your name, addresses, email address, phone number, username, password, your likeness (by way of photograph you upload to your profile account), your social networking profile, your location, car registration, car details, MOT information, car service history, tax information, payment information and other information relevant to the purchase you’re making, or account that you’re registering for.
Information we collect about you:
We will collect any information contained in any correspondence between you and us. For example, if you contact us via the chat functionality in the App or Website, report a problem to us by email, telephone, or post we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also collect certain information about your visits to and how you use our Website and the App. This may include your IP address, geographical location, device information, browser type, referral source, length of visit (including date and time), operating system, number of page views, which Services you have viewed or searched for, what quotes you have requested, purchases you have made and similar information. This information may be collected by a third party website analytics service provider on our behalf and/or may be collected using cookies. For more information on cookies please refer to paragraph 6 below.
Information we receive from third parties:
We may collect information about you from third parties that we work closely with for the purposes of delivering to you the Services that you request from us. For example, the garages who will provide the Services to you on our behalf, Auto Data Guru Limited who help us to provide automotive information as part of the Services we provide to you. We may also engage third parties to operate websites on our behalf; these entities may collect information directly from you about your visits to the Site on our behalf.
We may also receive information about you from third parties where you have consented to such third party sharing your information with us for specific purposes. For example we might receive information about you from third parties if you have indicated to that third party that you would like to hear from us, with more information about our services.
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
You agree that we may use your information for the following purposes:
- to to provide you with access to our Website and the App, to provide you with Services that you have purchased any other information that you may have requested from us;
- to to contact you with collection, delivery or other information about Services that you have ordered or purchased;
- to to keep in contact with you about other products or services of ours that we believe may interest you, provided that you don’t opt out of receiving such communications;
- where where you give us your consent to do so, to share your information with other selected third parties, to enable them to contact you with information about goods or services that may interest you;
- to to provide customer service and support, deal with enquiries or notify you of changes in relation to the Services you’ve ordered or purchased;
- to to improve our Website and the App and ensure that content is presented in the most effective and optimal manner;
- to to carry out aggregated and anonymised research about general consumer engagement with our Services;
- to to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees; and
- for security purposes.
4. WHO WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
You agree that we can share your personal information with:
- any any other selected third parties that we work with where necessary for the purposes of delivering you with the Services that you have purchased or any other services that you request from us. We work closely with Stripe who helps us to process purchases that you make with us. We will need to share your information with them. We might also engage other third party sub-contractors or service providers to help us host our Site and App or manage our services for example;
- any any other selected third party that you consent to our sharing your information with for marketing purposes;
- any any prospective seller or buyer of our business or assets, in the event that we decide to sell or buy any business or assets;
- any any other third parties where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
- If If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of the Website and your experience may be less satisfying without using cookies.
- The The names of the cookies used by the Website and App and the purposes for which these cookies are used are set out in this list.
6. HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW LONG WE KEEP IT FOR
- We We use appropriate technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorised access to or unlawful use. We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as the law otherwise permits.
- Transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, and although we employ measures to protect your information from unauthorised access, you acknowledge that we cannot always guarantee the security of information sent over the internet.
- Your Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted
- If If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Your card data is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our our payment provider, Stripe and its service providers. PCI-DSS is managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- For more insight, you may also want to read Stripe’s Terms of Service or Privacy Statement.
7. WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Our servers are Amazon Web Services AWS and all of the information that we collect about you will be stored on these servers.
8. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES & SERVICES
- In In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
- However, However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
- In In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
- Once Once you leave our App or Site or are redirected to a third-party website or application, you are no longer governed by this
9. YOUR RIGHTS TO THE INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
You have certain rights in respect of the information that we hold about you, including:
- the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes; and
- the right to request access to the information that we hold about you.
- Note Note that if you make a request to access information that we hold about you in accordance with this section, we have the right to charge you a fee of £10 to assist us with the administration of your request.
11. ASSIGNMENT AND THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
- we shall serve written notice on you informing you of that fact and the date (the New Entity Date) on which the appointment of the New Licensee Entity is to take effect;