Welcome to Fixter www.fixter.co.uk (the “Site”) brought to You by Fixter Limited,
with its registered office at 153 Milton Keynes Business Centre, Foxhunter Drive,
Linford Wood , Milton Keynes, MK14 6GD and Company Number 10426619
“You” and “Your” means You the person using or visiting the Website.
set out how You may use the Website and any of the car maintenance
services made accessible through the Site (the “Services”).
read these terms carefully before You submit Your order to Us. Our Privacy
that are going to be made by Us reasonably in advance of the date on which such variations take effect.
no longer be able to access or use the Site.
- ABOUT US AND COMPLAINTS
- This Website is owned and operated by Fixter Limited, with its
registered office at 153 Milton Keynes Business Centre, Foxhunter
Drive, Linford Wood, Milton Keynes, MK14 6GD and Company Number 10426619.
- If You would like to contact Us or make a complaint about anything
contained in the Website, please contact Us using the following details:
Milton Keynes Business Centre, Foxhunter Drive, Linford Wood, Milton Keynes,
MK14 6GD and Company Number 10426619
Telephone number: 0330 808 9527
ACCESS TO THE SITE AND LICENCE RESTRICTIONS
- The Website and the Services are intended for use in the United Kingdom only.
We have the right to reject Your registration or terminate Your account if are
not resident in the United Kingdom.
- If you are under the age of 18, please do not use the Website.
By using the Website you confirm to us that you are 18 years old or over
and a resident in the United Kingdom.
- The Website is currently made available to You for Your personal, non-commercial use, free of charge,
although we do of course charge for Services You order via the Website. You agree
that we can change this at a later date as long as we let You know in plenty of time
before we start charging for use of the Website.
a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable, perpetual licence to
access and use the Site on any compatible device (each a “Device”), each for
Your own personal, non-commercial use.
terminate and You must immediately cease use of the Website.
- You are responsible for obtaining (at Your own cost) all necessary devices and
telecommunications services required to access the Website. You are also
responsible for ensuring that no person uses Your Device to access the Website
without Your permission. We will be entitled to assume that anyone who accesses
the Website using Your Device has Your permission to do so and You will be
responsible for any charges, costs or liabilities that may be incurred by any
such persons whilst using Your Device.
by any local law, You agree:
- not to copy the Website except where such copying is incidental to
normal use of the Website, or where it is necessary for the purpose
of back-up or operational security;
- not to rent, lease, sub-license, loan, translate, merge, adapt, vary or
modify the Website; not to make alterations to, or modifications of, the
whole or any part of the Website, or permit the Website or any part of them
to be combined with, or become incorporated in, other programs; and
- not to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt
to obtain the Website’s source code.
USE OF THE SITE
- You must:
- not provide false personal information when creating and maintaining
Your Account profile on the Website.
- not use the Website in any improper or unlawful manner or in breach of
any legislation or licence that applies to You;
- not infringe our Intellectual Property Rights (as defined in Clause
12.1 below) or those of any third party in relation to Your use of the Website;
- not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise
objectionable in relation to Your use of the Website; and
- not use the Website in a way that could damage, disable overburden,
impair or compromise Our systems or security or interfere with other users.
- You hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable,
irrevocable (other than in relation to Your personal data, which shall be a revocable
licence) to the information, content and data you provide to us via the Website for
Our use in relation to the Services. For more information about how we will use Your
- You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions that We may give You
regarding Your use of the Website.
- If You would like to purchase Services from Us, You must first create an account
with Us via our Website (we call this Your “Account”).
- When registering for an Account, You must provide Us with true, accurate, and
complete data about Yourself and Your car and keep this information up to date,
otherwise we might not be able to process Your Booking.
- Your Account is personal to You and so You must keep Your Account username
and password confidential, and must not disclose it to any other person or entity.
- If You think that someone other than You has accessed Your Account without Your
permission or if You lose Your username or password, You must let Us know immediately
using the Contact details in Clause 1.2 above.
ORDERING SERVICES FROM US
- You can make a request or order to purchase Services from Us directly via
Your Account by providing Us with all of the necessary information that we
need to confirm Your order (Your “Booking”).
- You can pay for Your Booking by using credit or debit cards and any other
methods as indicated on the Site from time to time, and will have to tell Us
Your preferred payment method when You submit Your Booking to Us. More details
about payment methods are set out in the Help Centre section of the Site.
- Depending on Your payment method, You may be directed to a payment gateway
e.g. Stripe and review the total amount payable for Your Booking before
clicking ‘Confirm’ to authorise the payment and place Your Booking (once
this has been completed, You’ll return to the Site (as applicable)).
- You confirm to Us that the payment card You use is Yours or that
You have been specifically authorised to use it to purchase Your Booking.
- By placing a Booking, You authorise Us to charge Your payment card on completion
of the Services for the full purchase price and we are entitled to rely on placing
a Booking as an instruction to Us to take Your payment(s). Full payment for your the
Services is due on completion of the Services. If we are unable to take payment from
your payment card, we may have to charge you additional costs to cover our expenses
incurred in recovering the unpaid amounts owed to us. This may include interest at the
rate of 4% per annum and the cost of debt collection agencies.
- Once You’ve placed a Booking, we’ll send You an email to acknowledge that we’ve received
it and are reviewing it but this doesn’t mean that we’ve accepted Your Booking just yet.
Your Booking won’t be approved and a contract of sale won’t be formed between Us until we
have reviewed Your Booking, verified your payment method and provided You with confirmation
of Your Booking by email (let’s refer to an accepted Booking as our “Contract”).
- If we are unable to accept Your Booking, perhaps because the Services You’ve requested
aren’t available or because Your payment method was unsuccessfully verified, we will let
You know by email and obviously won’t charge You. However we have to reserve the right
to reject Bookings in our sole discretion.
- All Services that we displayed on the Website are priced in Pounds Sterling, inclusive
of VAT, unless expressly stated otherwise but are subject to availability.
- We do our best to make sure that Services and pricing information are current and complete
but won’t be liable for inaccurate or out of date information. It’s possible that, despite
our best efforts we may get Services prices wrong from time to time; if we do, we will contact
You for Your instructions before we accept Your Booking and process Your payment.
- We may update our Services prices and charges from time to time but these changes
won’t affect any existing Contracts.
- All quotations are valid for 30 days from the date of issue, unless they include a specific
promotional offer which has an earlier expiry date.
PROVISION OF THE SERVICES
- We will try wherever possible to collect Your car at the time and collection address as
specified in the Booking confirmation, unless otherwise agreed with You in writing (“Pick Up Point”).
- The estimated completion date for the Services is as told to You in Your Booking
confirmation, unless changes to Your Booking are necessary (please see Clause 8 below).
You are able to see the status of Your Booking on the Site under the “Track My Order”
menu option. If You need to contact Us at any point during the provision of the Services
please use the Chat function on the Website or contact Us using the details in Clause 1.2.
If your car is considered to be roadworthy, we will try wherever possible to provide a driver to
deliver Your car back to You at the time and delivery address as specified in the Booking
confirmation, unless otherwise agreed with You in writing (“Drop Off Point”). However, if a defect
is discovered by our Services which means Your car is not safe to drive, you will need to arrange
for collection. We can provide a pick-up truck service to deliver Your car to a point of your choosing
but this cost will need to be borne by You and payment made in advance, as agreed between us.
- We will remind you either via the Website and/or by sending you a text message to
your registered device 2 hours before we pick up and drop off your car.
- If You are not at the Pick Up Point, and if we are unable to contact You after
repeated attempts we will cancel Your Booking. If You are not at the Drop Off
Point and if we are unable to contact You after repeated attempts, we may have
to arrange storage of Your car at a local garage or other storage facilities.
If this happens, we will let You know and charge You for the associated storage
costs and the delivery costs incurred with re-delivering Your car to You.
- Upon collection and delivery of Your car, You will be asked to sign a receipt
from one of our appointed drivers, and You may also be asked to provide
identification documents (photo driving licence or passport) so we can be sure
You are who You say You are.
- Any parts fitted to Your car will come with a manufacturer’s guarantee, which
apply from the date of the Contract. Please ensure You retain a record of Your
Contract and any information we supply to You relating to guarantees for parts
- We can’t be responsible for delays outside of our control but if we let You
know that there’s a substantial risk of delays to the provision of the Services
and if You can’t wait for Your Services, You can contact us to cancel Your Contract
and ask for a refund of any Services not performed or provided.
CHANGES TO YOUR BOOKING
- If You wish to make a change to Your Booking please contact Us. We will let You
know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let You know about any
changes to the price of Your Booking, the timing of supply or anything else which
would be necessary as a result of Your requested change and ask You to confirm
whether You wish to go ahead with the change. If we cannot make the change or the
consequences of making the change are unacceptable to You, You may want to end
the Contract (please see Clause 9 for more information).
- We may need to change Your Booking:
but in any event we
will notify You and obtain your approval before any changes (including the
price) to Your Booking are made. If You are unhappy with these changes, You may
then contact Us to end the Contract before the changes take effect and receive
a refund for any Services not provided.
- if the information You have provided Us in the Booking is not
correct or incomplete;
- if we are no longer available to fulfil Your Booking;
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements;
- where further essential work to Your car has been identified upon
inspection or commencement of the Services;
CHANGING YOUR MIND ABOUT YOUR BOOKING
- You have the right to cancel Your Booking and receive a full refund for any
reason from the date You place Your Booking until the expiry of 14 days from
the day the Contract was made (i.e the day that You received an email from Us
accepting Your Booking). However, once we have started the Services (usually
one day before the Pick Up day, when we have assigned the garage and driver)
You cannot change Your mind, even if the 14 day period is still running. If
You cancel after we have started (but not yet completed) the Services, You
must pay Us for the Services provided up until the time You tell Us that You
have changed Your mind.
- If You would like to cancel Your Booking, You can let Us know by using the Chat
function on the Site, you may send us the online cancellation form
or contacting us using the details set out in Clause 1.2 above.
- If You cancel Your Booking and You are due a refund we will refund You by the
method You used to pay for the Services, as soon as possible and this will be no
later than 14 days’ from the date You tell Us that You’re cancelling Your Booking.
PROBLEMS WITH THE SERVICES
- We are under a legal duty to supply You with Services that conform with our
Contract and which are carried out with reasonable care and skill, and the parts
we use to fulfil those Services must be as described, fit for purpose and of
satisfactory quality. Your right to cancel set out in Clause 9 above does not
affect Your legal rights as a consumer in relation to Services. For more
information please see https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/.
- If You have any questions or complaints about the Services that You’ve received,
if items are faulty or the Services provided are not what You ordered, please contact
Us immediately using the details set out above above with Your details and a
description of the problem. If the Services or items are found to be faulty by reason
of our default or negligence and shown to be such to our satisfaction, We will, at our
option, repair or replace the defective items or refund the price of the defective
services or items in full if: (i) You have given us notice in writing as soon as
possible on discovering the defect; and (ii) We are given a reasonable opportunity to
examine Your car. We will not be liable for any defect in the Services or the items
You’ve received if: (i) You fail to notify us of the defect; (ii) You fail to afford
us the opportunity to rectify the problem; (iii) You subject the car to misuse,
negligence or accident or use the car for racing, rallying or similar sports; or (iv)
You alter or repair the car without our written consent.
- Without affecting Your general rights as a consumer, if the Services were provided
in accordance with the Contract and with reasonable skill and care, and the parts
fitted were correct, not faulty or defective then we will generally be unable to
provide any refund for Services provided or an exchange on parts fitted to Your car.
- We may need to cancel Your Contract in the event that You did not provide Us with
accurate or complete information, including Your personal information, details about
Your car or other Booking information, or if You otherwise break our Contract. We
will first contact You to try and obtain or correct the information in question or
resolve the problem, however if we are unable to contact You after a number of
attempts or otherwise unable to resolve the problem, we may cancel Your Contract and
make a refund to You for any Services not provided.
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- The Website may contain content from and links to various websites. These Terms
of Use will not apply to Your use of any website that You access via the Website.
Your use of any such website may be subject to additional terms and conditions, which
We suggest You read carefully before proceeding.
- Third party websites are in no way approved, vetted, checked or endorsed by Us and
You agree that We shall not be responsible or in any way liable for the content, accuracy,
compliance with relevant laws or accessibility of any information, data, advice or
statements or for the quality of any products or services available on such websites.
Links do not necessarily imply that We are or that the Website is affiliated to or
associated with such third party websites. If You decide to visit any other website,
You do so at Your own risk.
registered and unregistered trade marks and service marks, domain names, registered designs
and design rights, copyright (including such rights in computer software and databases),
database rights and moral rights (in each case for the full period thereof and extensions,
revivals and renewals thereof), applications for the foregoing and the right to apply for
any of the foregoing anywhere in the world, and all similar rights anywhere in the world
including those subsisting in inventions, designs, drawings and computer programs.
- All Intellectual Property Rights in and to the Website and any and all features, content,
materials and information made available via the Website are owned by and shall remain owned
by Us or Our licensors at all times.
from the Website or disclosing such information free of charge, to friends or relations for
WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIMERS
- We will exercise all reasonable skill and care in providing the Website and the Services
to You. However, We are not able to guarantee the availability of the Website or the accuracy,
completeness, currency or reliability of any features, content, materials or information on
the Website that derives from third parties (including any of Our licensors or third party
materials and information provided through them are provided on an "e;as is"e; basis
without guarantee of any kind and any conditions, statements and warranties (including any
warranty of reliability, completeness, accuracy or non-infringement) are excluded to the
fullest amount permissible by law.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to check that our Services are suitable for Your Booking,
however we cannot guarantee that our Services will always meet Your requirements. Therefore
we advise You to check any features, content, materials and/or information provided to You
through the Website as any reliance that You place on the accuracy, completeness, currency
or reliability of that information is at Your own risk.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
cannot be excluded by applicable law.
- Subject to Clause 14.1, You agree that We shall not be liable for:
indirect loss, claim or damage, or any punitive, special, incidental or
consequential damages of any kind (including lost savings or loss or corruption
of data); or
- Any loss of profit (whether direct or indirect), in each case whether based
in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability, or otherwise, which
arises out of or is in any way connected with:
- Any use of the Website or its contents;
- Any failure or delay in the use of any component of the Website or any
service including any unavailability of the Website or the Services
irrespective of duration of any period of unavailability; or
- Any use of or reliance upon any feature, content, material, information,
software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the Website,
in all cases even if We have been forewarned of the possibility of such loss
- Without limiting the effect of Clause 14.2, due to the inherent risks of using the
internet, We cannot be liable for any damage to, or viruses that may infect, Your
device or any other property when You are using the Website. The downloading or other
acquisition of any features, content, materials or information made available via the
Website is done at Your own discretion and risk and with Your agreement that You will
be solely responsible for any damage to Your device or loss of data that results from
the downloading or acquisition of any such materials.
- Any maintenance and/or support queries should be addressed to Us using the contact
details set out in Clause 1.2. We will respond to customer support enquiries within
three (3) working days.
- We may remove the Website or cease providing any of the features, content, materials,
information or services provided via the Website at any time in Our absolute discretion
for any reason whatsoever.
- Neither Clause 15.1 nor Clause 15.2 will affect an existing Contract and any accrued
rights and liabilities of either You or Us as at the time of such removal or uninstallation.
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
- We will only use any personal information that We may collect
ASSIGNMENT AND THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
right to enforce any of its terms.
other person (the New Licensee Entity) in our place for the purposes of this
- (a) we shall serve written notice on you informing you of
that fact and the date (the New Entity Date) on which the appointment of the
New Licensee Entity is to take effect;
- (b) we shall procure that the New Licensee Entity shall on or
prior to the New Entity Date provide written confirmation to you that the New
Licensee Entity shall assume our obligations and liabilities under these Terms
of Use with effect from the New Entity Date;
- (c) the New Licensee Entity shall become a party to these
that date be entitled to all of our rights, entitlements, remedies and benefits
instead referred to the New Licensee Entity as if in each case the New Licensee
- (d) with effect from the New Entity Date, we shall be
unconditionally and irrevocably discharged from any obligations and liabilities
will not be taken as or deemed to be a waiver of that or any other right unless
We acknowledge and agree to such a waiver in writing.
for the benefit of, and will not be exercisable by, any person who is not a party
valid and enforceable.
terms are governed by English law and You can bring legal proceedings in the
English courts. If You live in Scotland You can bring legal proceedings in
either the Scottish or the English courts. If You live in Northern Ireland You
can bring legal proceedings in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts
of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without You having to go to court. If You
are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, You may want to submit
the dispute to an online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute
Resolution platform (click here).
If You are not satisfied with the outcome
You can still bring legal proceedings.